Friday 27 September 2013

Good Scotch Egg

 
What makes a good Scotch egg? I think first of all egg has to be runny when finished, it is a pleasure to see runny yellow egg yoke when you cut in the middle, surround by the firm egg white and sausage  meat. 
I have tried my new recipes with this delicate quail eggs , it is so difficult to shell off  without making a whole on egg white when you boil only just about 1 minute.

Since famous chef, Michelin 1 stared pub, served quail  Scotch egg , Scotch egg has reinvent itself Some chef has made  with ground prawns, I've tried this recipe, delicious!! I do make usually Christmas time. They are very good at festive season drinks party.
Some does with smoked salmon, not dare to try, it would be so expensive.(  not only too expensive and I love smoked salmon just as it is with dill & capers)

Time to time we have lunch at Bray, pub ( owned by most famous chef in U K and made quail Scotch egg famous) with friends who lives in Surrey, we always have quail Scotch egg and move on to Oxtail & Kidney pudding ( very good) with triple chips .
But unfortunately, last week our Quail Scotch egg was awful, specially egg yoke.
was not there at all . I thought I could make a perfect one why this 1 Michelin stared pub's chef can not ?? After all it is a their signature dish.
I have tried waiter's attention but failed and I do not  like to fuss or delay our friend's meal. Well, it was very disappointing. having said that, I should have showed my egg and sent back.
After all we paid a good money for the meal.

I do make with seasoned rice Scotch egg, more like Korean fried rice. it has received very well from my family, and is delicious.   I am going to put in my Korean cookery book. ( if I can find willing publisher and an agent, soon)



 

Traditional Scotch Egg 

My new recipe Oriental Scotch Egg
 

No comments:

Post a Comment