Wednesday 31 July 2013

School cookery lesson ---Young Chefs.

I was meaning to write about cookery lesson in schools as soon as I read the announcement from Education Secretary, I was very pleased to hear that U K Government finally realise how important to be able to cook from young age.

Now Prime Minister Mr Cameron made commitment ( promise) saying, every school will have a kind of cooking lesson. it is a fantastic news ! (if he keeps his promise)
Cooking skill is needed to us all not only to survive also to be healthy  .  I do not know why they  got rid of cooking lesson in first place, I wonder.
I truly recommend not make as a subject to have test and exam, just cook anything, make a fun, they will all learn in the end.

My recommendation for the school cookery, Must to learn.
1. Egg dishes, ( soft boiled, fried, scrambled, omellet, poached  and Scotch egg)
2. Pasta dishes
3. Salad ( salad dressing)
4. Roast chicken with stuffing, roast potatoes and how to cook vegetables.



Today, I received the information about Children's cooking program by ITV.  they invite children ( for age 9-12), who loves to cook, to participate program. It sounds fun to be involved.
If any my Blog readers are interested in for family and friends do apply.

CALLING YOUNG CHEFS

For age 9-12 years old
Email by Sunday 18th August
Email: themunchbox@cactustv.co.uk 





.

No comments:

Post a Comment