Thursday 8 March 2012

Skirt Beef Steak

I am very pleased to see certain super market selling inexpensive cuts of beef,Ox cheek, skirt beef so on. I remember one of celebrated London butcher said, skirt beef is very tasty  but for years I could not find local butcher or big super market. I bought skirt beef and marinated with  olive oil, apple juice (1tbsp) and thyme for overnight and cook like any other steak but it has to be rare if you cook medium can be very stringy and when you eat, cut against  grain, this makes more tender. It is superb, tender and very good flavour comes out. it is VERY VERY cheap too.  Since beef steaks are so expensive ,specially Ribeye steak are beyond our budget these days, only special occasion we treat ourselves. But this welcome alternative is surprisingly a success.
Cornish pasty are  made with skirt beef but, do try as steak it will change your mind.Ox cheeks also appeared in the shop, for years in London restaurants served slow cooked Ox cheek with a price, but now I could be able to buy £ 4 for two pieces. It is heavenly tender when cook slowly with red wine.
Do do try this cheap cut and be more experimental!!!


photo: skirt beef steak with grilled asparagus.
skirt beef steak and chips 

2 comments:

  1. I have read a couple of the posts on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites internet site list and will be checking back soon. Please visit my website also and let me know your opinion.

    Gourmet Secrets Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your coment, I did have a look your site, it look super, all the seafood!! I love seafood, any seafood!! When we vist Canada, from Vancouber to all the way up to Rocky mountain,I loved the food there.
      I will follow your web site aswell.

      Delete